9th International Hash Challenge - September 17 2016
Hashing is a socializing event and has nothing to do with competitive running. True? Yes,......but for every hasher a run is a challenge of sorts: be it how to shortcut, be it how long to run uphill, be it for a fit guy to follow a girl with better stamina, be it to find paper after the check first..... It's a constant fight against your inner voice: rest, don't run further. But the swinehund inside you pulls you ahead to finally satisfy your ego: "I DID IT and now I can enjoy my beer."
Very long runs are actually not every hasher's mug of beer. But some enjoy strolling through the jungle for hours, perhaps on a recce. Or walking the bushes to find a new waterfall for a dip. Or only couching their TV, showing the daredevils at EcoChallenge, dreaming of: why not me?
For these few crazy people we have been since the year 2000, organizing a challenge: 42 km through Malaysian hash terrain, undoubtedly the finest in the world. It takes the average-fit hasher 10 or more hours to finish.
- It is a team event of 4, mixed Harriers and Harriets with at least one team member being of the opposite sex.
- Teams must finish together.
- There's a paper trail to follow and each team breaks the checks.
- Approximately every 10 km in the run, there will be a Control Point (CP) with water supply and other facilities.
- Teams must pass the CP as a complete team or be disqualified.
- There'll be a cut off time at each CP. Teams reaching the CP after the cut off time, will be taken out.
- This is a team event. Teams are encouraged to stay together, support each and complete the challenge together as a team!
|Event Director :||David "Heart Breaker" Wilson|
|On Sec :||Aileen "Crabby P" D|
|On Cash :||Emilia Charles|
|Chief Hare :||Dave "Kamikaze"|
HASH CHALLENGE 2016 - SEPT 17 2016
September 17, 2016
HC 2016 Programme
September 16, 2016 - Registration
Menara Bangsar Apartment Complex
297, Jalan Maarof 59100, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
6.30 pm - Registration & Collection of goodies
6.45 pm - Welcome drink and light meal
8.00 pm - Chairman's address
8.30 pm - Close (go back and rest)
September 17, 2016 - Hash Challenge
5.30am - assemble at the Cititel Mid Valley Hotel car park
5.45am - depart by bus to Point A
7.00am - start of challenge
5.00pm onward – First Runners In – Light snacks and refreshments available
6.30 pm Circle starts
7:30pm Dinner is served
8.00pm onward - buses depart for hotel
HC2016 Hotel Details
Cititel Mid-Valley Hotel
Address: Lingkaran Syed Putra, 59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone:+60 3-2296 1188