This website is the old PH3 website template which stopped being used after the AGM of 2017
Hash Directions and Hareline are automatically kept current with the present website
Run 2124 - 25 November 2017
ST ANDREW'S DAY RUN
Venue: Kuala Kubu Baru Railway station
Hare: Patrick Russell
Co-Hares: Ilona Russell
Scribe: Tony Houldsworth
GPS: 3°33'14.06"N 101°38'21.53"E
- Exit KL on N-S Expressway
- Exit NSE @ Bukit Beruntung @ exit 118,
- turn right at first T-junction past toll.
- Proceed ~2km & turn left, follow signs for Rasa
- At Rasa, keep left and turn left on to Old Route 1 north towards Kuala Kubu Baru (KKB)
- At KKB junction / traffic lights, turn left to Stesen KTM
- Pass exit to new railway station on left
- Proceed over bridge over railway
- You are at the run-site
1) old road via Rawang (slow)
2) NSE via Lembah Beringin & Kerling – longer
Run notes – 10K run with a couple of hills and some terrific views. Parts of the estate have been cleared. Hence the run is different but there are a couple of unshaded stretches – not too long but baldies & etc advised to wear a hat.
On-On: Lucky Light, Batang Kali
Leave run-site and turn right at main road heading back to KL.
Proceed via traffic jam to bridge at Batang Kali
Go over bridge, turn left and drive ~1km to main traffic lights with Shell Station on right
Lucky Light is next to Shell station
Run 2125 - 2 December 2017
Venue: Kemensah (behind the zoo)
Hare: Rina Abdul Jalil
Scribe: Patrick Russell
GPS: N3 13' 10.12", E101 46' 6.31"
Head towards Zoo Negara in Ulu Klang.
- From MRR2 take exit left onto Jalan Taman Zoo view. Zero trip meter
- 0.0km. Zoo Negara is on left. Drive on Jalan Taman Zooview
- 0.9km turn left and go over bridge onto Jalan 1
- 1.1km turn left into Jalan 3
- 1.2km turn right into Jalan 5
- Drive on Jalan 5, Bungalows will be on your right, terrace house on your left. This will take you past Al-Iman Mosque on your left
- 2.1km turn right into Jalan Tiara Kemensah 3. Follow this road until see Hash cars. Park on edge of road.
On On will be at Tiam Fatt in Melawati
- Get back on to Jalan L5 and drive for 530m. Turn right into Jalan L1.
- Drive for 350m on Jalan L1 and the road will swing right and merge into Jalan J8.
- Drive for 300m on J8 and at T-junction turn left into Jln Melawati 6.
- Drive for 550m and with BHP and Caltex station in front slip left into Jln Taman Melawati.
- Drive 180m and turn right into Jln Bandar with what looks like a big building in construction on left.
- After 56m turn left at DEENs curry house onto Jln Bandar Melawati.
- After 140m turn right and then immediately right again in Jalan Bandar 2 and park.
- Restaurant Tiam Fatt is at the T junction of 2 building blocks to the left
A FEW TIPS ON HOW TO SET A GREAT RUN
a) The objective of the hash is to provide all members and guests with approximately 75-90 minutes of interesting running over varied terrain, with the entire pack finishing within 30 minutes of each other. No one should become lost if they follow the trail
b) Select a site which has ample parking and give clear, understandable directions. Avoid parking on main roads and obtain land-owners permission where necessary. Do not choose a site within 500m of a kampong - respect local sensitivities to dogs; alcohol consumption; and showering in public.
c) Always use a 'Co-Hare', both for security and in order that the co-hare can take over if you are otherwise indisposed on the day. If you are unfamiliar with setting runs, choose an experienced co-hare. If you don't know any, ask the trail-master. There are plenty of willing members who will be only too happy to help.
d) The run should be approximately 8-10km, but can be shorter in difficult terrain. If you need to 'stretch' the front-runners, then do so by setting clever checks; by using false trails; and perhaps by inserting a penultimate / final circular check; but never by attempting to set a marathon. The hash is strictly non-competitive and should focus equally on both exercise and socialising. Choose the restaurant and the menu for the on-on carefully!
We'll provide a more complete guide when your turn comes round to set a run.
Next committee meeting: TBC
The hareline has been updated up to run# 2051. Check when your next run is.
Our Hash Flash, (John C) posts very good pictures of PH3 runs. Click on any photo at the bottom of this page. This will bring you to PH3 photo album. We also have a PH3 Facebook page (Petaling Hash House Harriers) and Hash Flash.
RUBBISH AND EMPTY BOTTLES/CANS
Please clean up and take your rubbish with you and/or place it in designated containers!
Drinks are for consumption only at the run site. Please do not take unopened cans or bottles to your cars. Committee members will not hesitate to confront you and put you on the box as an abuser.
Run 2077 - 31st Dec 16 (Keith - KGB - Burnley)
Run 2079 - 14th Jan 17 (Candy Harjeet)
Run 2085 - 25th Feb 2017 (David Lake)
Many others in "previous reports" at bottom of scribe reports page
Excerpts from Scribe Reports
Run 2088 - 18 March, 2017
Venue: Sungei Sendat Waterfall (Ulu Yam Baru)
Hare: Dhila Azman
Co-Hares: Azman Taufik & Rambo
An interesting pattern of dry road and nil visability rain preceded the run on our journey up. Expecting the worst, we arrived at the run-site and were pleasantly surprised - it had rained but the ground was still firm enough to be runable.
The run started off uphill and continued up for quite a while (I hadn't noticed Rambo was a co-hare!). Being someone who... Read more
Run 2085 - 25 February, 2017
Venue: Bukit Kapar
Hare: Daniel "Cheesy Knob" Walchli
Co-Hares: Virginia "Miss MTV" & The Infamous Campbell Clan
The original design was for a good run. Cheesy Knob is known for putting forth the required effort for a good run and he had good experienced Co-Hares. I knew there would be good checks and at least one circular check. Young Scott told me years ago when he was still a resident in Malaysia, "My Dad does not set exceptionally long runs but he... Read more
On a Saturday, at the PH3 run-site, Beer O'Clock is easy to define. It is either:
2) The time Front-Runner-On-Paper arrives back from the run (if there's a short and a normal, it's the normal run that counts)
The same rule applies to soft drinks (including for grubby little horrors!), but the big water-cooler is usually available to prevent anyone from dying of thirst.
Rules 1 & 2 apply to non-runners and guests too.
There are only a few habitual offenders, and we apologize for making the rest of you read this, but we want to make sure the rule is clear.
PH3 loves guests and visitors.
We welcome any Hasher and non Hasher to join us for a run and after run gathering on Saturdays. The current fee is RM 40.00 a head for the run and the circle refreshments (beer and softies). Any food at the restaurant is additional, but will usually cost you less than RM25.00.
How to get there?
- Print or copy directions to the run site from this PH3 page.
- If you need a lift, do request it at least 72 hours before the run and be sure you are on time at the designated pick-up location. Do exchange mobile phone numbers with the person you are riding with. Be on time.
You will need decent trail running shoes and running gear. Expect at least a 1.5 hour run or 2 hour+ walk in tropical forest/jungle conditions.
After the run
Bring change of clothes, towel, (water if you wish to shower/wash off), money to pay for the run fees and food later on. Expect to be given one or two down downs for visiting us.
ON ON and see you at the run!
Update your contact details
If there are any changes in your email, phone number, next of kin contact, etc., pls notify OnSec immediately @ email@example.com
The main responsibility you have as a member it to set a run when your turn comes (about once in 4 years). Check the receding hareline page. If you can't set the run, the onus is on you to find a replacement hare. If you quit close to the time of your run and wish to rejoin later on, you will still be requested to set a run at the time you rejoin.
1. Men : RM200 per quarter
2. Ladies (non-beer): RM100 per quarter
3. Associates: RM50 per quarter
4. Joining fee: RM50 per applicant
5. Guest fee adult: RM40 per run (drink beer or not)
6. Guest fee youngsters: RM10 per run
Please return all unused hash trail paper to the Trailmaster, Neil Campbell.
Please send your run location and directions to On-Sec and Trailmaster as early as possible before the run date (at least 4 weeks ahead).
Interhash 2018 is in Fiji
25 - 27 May 2018
For more details and registration:
GUA MUSANG HHH 20th Anniversary Run
Sunday 30th April 2017
Limited to 700 hashers. RM120pp. Registration closes 31 Dec 2016.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details and registration forms
PAN ASIA HASH
Oct 27-29 2017 in Sokcho City, Gangwan, Korea
All details at: www.panasiahashkorea2017.com
The committee are planning an extravaganza for you.
Friday 3rd March: A formal ball
Saturday 4th March: A run with freebies, snacks, food, drink, dancing
Save the dates!
Click here to download the forms.
PO Box 6614, Kampong Tunku, Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Guest Fee @ RM40 each
Yoong Nim Chee
+6016 206 6915
+6016 389 6270
Soo Kan Hoy
Lim Chun Leong
Pang Soo Wah
Choo Nai Kwong