'mouseover' to pause carousel, reload page for a new random
NEXT RUN ——————
Date: 22 June 2019
Venue: Ulu Yam Baru
Hare: Gary Waring
Co-Hare: Rob Stott
Scribe: Nick Morss
Comic: Yoong NC
GPS: 3.43470, 101.67315
(Google & Waze take you to the estate entrance)
- Get to Ulu Yam Baru
- The B23 Jalan Hulu Yam Bharu-Batu Caves road is recommended.
- Zero tripmeter at the bridge.
- Just after the bridge over Sungei Liam, turn LEFT towards town.
- As you go through town, you will pass the ‘Hock Lay Restaurant’ on your left (On-On restaurant).
- At 0.9km turn right onto the B113 towards Genting Highlands.
- Go past the Balai Polis on your left.
- At about 2.1km the road bends sharply to the left.
TURN RIGHT HERE AT THE SIGN ‘LADANG BATANG KALI.’ (Small tarmac road)
- Then take the first right into the estate. (Earth track)
Bit tricky here for low clearance sports cars, so suggest you bring the other car. The runsite is 0.7 km inside. Hare’s car is an old Land Rover Discovery.
Note: Bug repellent is recommended (some mosquitoes and sand flies).
Hock Lay Restaurant
Ulu Yam Baru
AND THE NEXT ————
Run 2207 29 June 2019
Venue: Langat Ah Soon Seafood and Beer Garden Restaurant
Hare: Jamie See
Scrbe: Gary Waring
From Petaling Jaya and points west:
- Make your way eastwards to Mid Valley Megamall on the Federal Highway
- Exit to E2 Seremban/Cheras & Jln Klang Lama
- Continue on the E37 Salak Expressway
- After 8.2km exit to the right to Kajang/Semenyih
- After 300m keep right to E7 Kajang / Semenyih (Cheras Sentral - formerly Phoenix Plaza - on right)
- After 2.2km pass through the Toll
- 300m after the Toll, take Exit 702 an the left
- After a further 350m keep right on Jalan Taman Suntex
- After a further 850mturn left onto Jalan Hulu Langat/B52
- Continue on the B52 to the traffic lights next to the mosque in Pekan Hulu Langat
- Turn right at the traffic lights towards Sungai Tekali and then turn right just after the bridge
- drive 1km to the Langat Ah Soon Beer Garden Restaurant
From the City:
- Drive East on Jalan Damansara, continuing onto Jalan Istana (passing the old palace on the right)
- After approx. 1.6km take the second left fork to enter the E9 Leburaya Sungai Besi
- After a further 1.6km keep right on the E9 to Kuantan/Hulu Kelang/Ampang/Pandan Indah
- After a further 700m pass through the Toll and keep right to Pandan Perdana/Pandan Indah/Shamelin Perkasa
- After a further 4.6km at the end of the E9, turn right at the traffic lights then immediately left onto Jalan Pandan Mewah
- After a further 1.3km and slip left at the fourth set of traffic lights onto Jalan Taman Putra
- After a further 1.4km turn right at the traffic lights onto Jalan Hulu Langat
- Enjoy the scenery for a further 7.7km and then turn right and immediately left at the traffic lights in Pekan Hula Langat
- Turn right just after crossing the bridge and drive 1km to the Langat Ah Soon Beer Garden Restaurant
Please park to the RIGHT as you enter the restaurant compound, as requested by the restaurant proprietress. As space can be limited, do park tightly so that more cars can be accommodated.
Langat Ah Soon Seafood and Beer Garden Restaurant