'mouseover' to pause carousel, reload page for a new random
NEXT RUN ——————
Date: 25 May 2019
Venue: Taman Sri Gombak
Hare: Lisa Yong
Co-Hares: Mystery co-hares and a 'groupie'
Scribe: Don Pharamond
Comic: Choo NK
GPS: 3.253, 101.7076
(NOTE: Google Maps and Waze will take you to the 'sandy road') - Make your way to the Batu Caves Roundabout.
- Trip your speedometer at 0 and head towards Kuantan / Gombak on the MRR2.
- Keep to the left after 2.5km. After approximately 3.5km, turn LEFT onto Lebuh Utama Sri Gombak (CIMB Bank corner and just before the overpass).
- At 4.2km, turn RIGHT onto Jalan Lintang.
- At the roundabout take the first exit onto Jalan Muhibah.
- Drive on for another 1.3 kms to arrive at a T-junction.
- Turn RIGHT and immediately bear LEFT onto a sandy road.
- After passing the corrugated iron entrance, the Banana Café is on your right.
- However, the trail to the parking site is to the left, just follow hash paper or HHH sign.
NOTE:As there are plenty of friendly feral dogs in the parking site, do not bring your dogs to the run site in order not to trigger dog fights.
Restaurant Sin Kee, 64 Jalan SG1/10, Taman Sri Gombak (behind BHP gas station)
GPS: 3.2387, 101.697
- Go back to Jalan Muhibbah.
- After 1km on Jalan Muhibbah, turn right onto Jalan SG 6/2.
- After 280m, turn left onto Lebuh Utama Sri Gombak.
- After 180m, turn right onto Jalan SG 1/22.
- Immediately turn left onto Jalan SG 1/1.
- Continue driving until you come to Jalan SG 1/10. Turn right and the restaurant is to your right.
AND THE NEXT ————
Yee Kwai Hoong
Date: 01 June 2019
Venue: Lentang Forest Reserve
Hare: Kwai Hoong
Co-Hares: Lai FW; Francesco; & Ah Guan
Scribe: Lisa Yong
- As with most run-sites, it’s easy to get there if you let Waze or Google Maps help you navigate.
And with this site, you just need to search for “Lentang Recreational Forest”, which is right off the highway – no little roads to worry about this month.
- We will be parking outside the Forest Reserve on the South side (i.e. on the right as you’re driving towards Kuantan), so we will take a small exit on the left and then drive under the highway to reach the R&R and then the runsite.
- There are car parks on both sides of the highway, plus a tunnel connecting the two sides.
HONG HING SEAFOOD RESTAURANT (behind BHP Petrol Station)
Lot 25947 Bukit Tinggi, 28750 Bentong.
GPS: 3.3542, 101.8282